W Hotel | 100 Stuart St | Theater District

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: W Hotel

Is there an American flag wayyyyy up top on a horizontal beam yet? Usually that signals "topping off" but I'm not sure if it's on the first or last beam placed on the top floor.

When it's finished, the W hotel should be only slightly shorter than the Archstone building ... unless Archstone is taller than it's listed as.

From the Pru:

IMG_0827-1.jpg

Am I missing something here? First of all, it is NOT topped out. Floor-wise it is, but if you look in the renderings there appears to be a pointy "crown" that is between 1-2 floors higher than the top occupiable floor. So the final height is probably 20-25 feet higher than what we are seeing. Second of all, Archstone is only 275' and this is supposed to finish up at 301'. So, again, am I missing something here?

Archstone is around 310' when you include the crown.

To be honest, I thought from a post a long time ago, this was supposed to be 309'. Post #20 on page 2.

Yes ,it has'ent been top off completly but this is the final height! ok maybe I jumped the gun! But I think only the roof mechanical floor still needs to be built,I just like to take and post pix's I could give 2 shits about the rest of the building! ps this building is only 25 floors.

They build it 2 floors at a time, and are currently working on the 25th and 26th floors. I walk by this building a couple of times a week. It might be as high as 28 floors (what I thought was the 2 story "crown") but it is definitely not 25.

That might be it!,I just counted the floors on the old rendering and it's 28 floors,can,t find the new rendering which showed only 25 floors hmm..guess we'll know when it's done!

The rendering in the link of post 308 is the new rendering.

Ok I went there and counted my self,26 floors so far,So yes I was wrong,how tall it will be I don't know at this point!
015-1.jpg
016.jpg
013.jpg
017.jpg

Last edited:

Great I'm all for height,when I saw they were building one floor after doing 2 floors at a time I thought they were done!Then one day later and they prove me wrong!

In all likelihood there will be a mechnical penthouse as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back