W Hotel | 100 Stuart St | Theater District

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: W Hotel

So wait a minute. The construction of the W hotel is being stopped by a bully from a fictional animated TV series, who is actually a female?

Yessir.

img1745mn0.jpg

img1743oc3.jpg

Kz, thank you soo much for the picture updates. It is such a joy to see these after such a long time haha. It is awesome to see all this construction going on in Boston right now...I can't wait to see pictures of these projects again in a few weeks (especially this, 45 Province, The Clarendon, Avenir, and Filene's)

Does anyone have the rendering that was posted a few pages back? It's not there anymore.

BTW, I hate to ask an obvious question, but does "W" stand for anything in particular?

Well Dallas is a car friendly city. But the entire thing looks so clumsy. Not as sleek and translucent as what we're getting.

There was a feature about Dallas in ArchRecord about a year ago, and they fawned over this project. The renderings looked better than the final result. There are things I like about the tower -- the repeated lines of the floors remind me of Paul Rudolph's late work in Southeast Asia; the "sky-terrace" is a nod to Ken Yeang, whose own work in and beyond Southeast Asia is an outgrowth of many of Rudolph's ideas.

That aside, I hope this one turns out okay. I've stayed in W's in Chicago and LA and both were good in terms of service and environment.

...does "W" stand for anything in particular?

My friend who has worked for Starwood says the "W" stands for "Whatever you want, whenever you want it."

Does anyone have the rendering that was posted a few pages back? It's not there anymore.

I was hosting that image and other images in other threads on my website. I needed to clear out some space, and I accidentally deleted some of the ArchBoston-related directories I created. Either Tobydog or Boston02104 sent it to me. Can one of you guys send it to me again so I can repost it?

Does anyone know how the heck to buy one of the units in the W? Are they selling them in-house?

Great picture! flickr has been very reliable lately, we have gotten many great photo updates from flickr. And I love this picture especially since I not only see 1 crane, but 2! haha I love that there are cranes rising around Boston, it makes me feel like there is hope for Boston yet!

Nice pic! I love cranes along a skyline. So with these, plus 45 Province, the Clarendon, BU and NU dorms, Avenir, there are quite a few. Did I miss any?
I can't wait to see how this tower turns out.

In Mike's picture from 03/30/08 above, what is the big yellow crane for in the background? look middle right. I saw this from an architects firm I was visiting (who have primo views of 'aka Russia Wharf"). Their office is directly across from Intercon. It looked like, from my vantage point, to be just beyond SS. Too early for SS?? Anyone know?

Last edited:

Negative. 2 Financial, right behind 1 Financial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back