W Hotel | 100 Stuart St | Theater District

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: W Hotel

02124, any way you could just put the pictures in the thread at a decent size?

On a side note can the moderators ban usage of the word boston in people's names? I can't keep these people straight.

Some do have the Hotel-W double cranes in them,but your right maybe I should start a crane thread? I luv cranes on the skyline! also I just left click on the pix's and they open up to a much larger size,dose that not hap
pen for other's?

it does, sorry Im just being picky. I find the new window annoying as hell and therefore dont generally look at your pictures.

Can you direct link your photos, so you don't have to open a new window to see them in full size? On the bottom of each of each photo page, copy the "Forum" code into your post so that the picture will appear in full size right on the forum.

boston2008windturbinemago7.jpg

Seems like there is finally some progress on this ... it is pretty hard to get a good picture though.

Taken May 5, 2008:

today!taken while driveing(not recomended)! 4 floors?
xcranes070.jpg

I like it! The Gehry take on the building!

I've been waiting for this project for about 10 years now. I am glad to see it finally rising! Kudos on the pics guys, and keep us updated!

I've been waiting for this project for about 10 years now. I am glad to see it finally rising! Kudos on the pics guys, and keep us updated!

That site had been vacant for over 40 years. I worked at the old Gary Theater across the street in the late 1960's and it was vacant then.

It was, I believe, the last large vacant site in downtown proper.

Parking lots should be heavily taxed to encourage short lives.

Although most of that lot has been empty for some time, there was actually a small building toward the corner of Kneeland/Stuart and Tremont that housed the El Morocco nightclub. There was also a wood fence there in the late sixties that was always covered with theatre posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back