W Hotel | 100 Stuart St | Theater District

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: W Hotel

This seems like a very wide structure . . .

Its not "very wide" I believe it's going to be 22 floors right? thats really not that wide at all. Of course it COULD be slimmer but I'm gonna disagree

It's gotta be the photos doing that, because at roughly 225 feet wide, this site is quite average in size.

L1080228.jpg

L1080231.jpg

This going to be a really good project..I can already tell how much of a difference it will make

I'm impressed at how fast a steel building goes up once the foundation is laid. My guess is that this will top off in late September or mid October. Now if they would start building that ticket office/condo across the street, that would be cool.

Gona be a fun summer for strolling and looking up and high steel and cranes

I was down in the W area today taking some pix of the Celtics Championship banner atop the old Hancock

One interesting pix that I sort of got was is the reflection of the banner in the glass of the "New Hancock"

Westy

Westy

Taken June 26, 2008 from the Radisson - Kinda neat view:

Check out all my W Boston Construction pictures HERE

^ That's a beautiful shot. A "right click save as" quality picture.

img2444pt3.jpg

img2445af7.jpg

img2447zp1.jpg

^ That's a beautiful shot. A "right click save as" quality picture.

That was the first thing I did when I saw that pic...beautiful shot bostoncitywalk.

Does anyone know what's going on with that cool building that is supposed to be built directly across the street from this one? I forget the name of it.

Thanks for the compliments. I was lucky enough to be up in the Radisson again today. Here are a few daytime shots:

I can't wait to see the glass go in on this. The few renderings we have of this show that it has potential, but doesn't show enough to get too excited. And everything else going up around the city is mostly brick, so this is a nice change of pace.
Oh wait..it's glass. Solar glare. Watch out!

Are we all in agreement regarding the lack of height of the proposed building/billboard proposed on the current (former) site of the ticket trolley? The W's affect on the intersection is thus far drastic, to say the least.

WOW, looks like a true skyscraper city. This tower will look nice, and will actually extend the skyscraper zone. Hopefully, as bosdevelopment said, we can have a skyscraper across the street at the ticket trolly to make a beautiful "skyscraper gateway" into downtown Boston. Plus, the project doesn't look like it has a huge footprint the more it rises, seems like its mitigating its huge ground level presence well (the lot may look big at ground level, but it seems like this is just right for a tower this size).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back