W Hotel | 100 Stuart St | Theater District

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: W Hotel

It was a brite day when I took this should look cool at nite right click to see clip

The overhang was lit up weeks ago when I was in town and it was very cool!! The purple lights up the side of the W also show well!

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

nice^ fast becomeing a fan of your pixs! yesterday from South Station while driveing of course!
082-9.jpg

I like this building but it is still so intimidating...look at how it looms above the plaza across the street...

It almost looks like it could be a European government building or a modern high density commiebloc.

from the back of the convention center
046-6.jpg
this morning
007-11.jpg
006-9.jpg

Last edited:

Ah, but it's such a benevolent empire. I've eaten at both Jean Georges and Perry Street in New York and they were excellent.

W looks okay from the P Garden...not great, but okay.

p0asting spree...

Agreed its a welcome addition from the common/public garden.

employees practice one major tenet of W customer service: "active listening," to pick up on complaints overheard in the lobby.

"We want you to eavesdrop as much as you want," said Hector Camacho, a training "wizard" from the W Hoboken in New Jersey.

They were taught the brand's three core values: flirty, insider, and escape (as in: employees are supposed to provide, in a flirty manner, an insider experience that allows guests to escape).

"We want you to be a little flirty with our guests. Have a little fun," senior director of brand management Roger Paull told the employees. "They wouldn't tell you to be flirty at the Four Seasons."

Kinda creepy.

Amazing view, though. The Four Seasons is pwned:

greenhouse_w6_biz__1256317420_0572.jpg

Never stayed at a W, never been in one... after reading those blurbs about it, I plan on staying away. That gimmick shit doesnt fly with me. And employees listening to your conversations? the fuck? Count me out.

Ah, but it's such a benevolent empire. I've eaten at both Jean Georges and Perry Street in New York and they were excellent.

W looks okay from the P Garden...not great, but okay.

Never eaten at one his restaurants, but I've heard he does a very nice job in keeping the standards up across them (unlike other empire-driven chefs).

Not really a fan of the W Hotel design concept (too trendy and kind of "look at me!"), but it's a great addition to Boston.

Kinda creepy.

Amazing view, though. The Four Seasons is pwned:

greenhouse_w6_biz__1256317420_0572.jpg

Yes, great view. You can look over a beautiful 19th century city without without having to see horrible modern ice cubes like the W.

Never stayed at a W, never been in one... after reading those blurbs about it, I plan on staying away. That gimmick shit doesnt fly with me. And employees listening to your conversations? the fuck? Count me out.

To be fair, I'm sure the employees will listen to your conversation no matter what hotel you are staying at. I guess you're just not cool enough for the W :p

Although its not the best looking design compare how this looks to the many disgusting looking high rises in boston especially in downtown. Boston is filled with eye sores that will make great filler for a super tall but for the moment just make the city look bad. For instance the federal reserve is tacky, 100 federal st has a beer belly on it, one post office square has a gross facade and an even worse design, one federal st looks like its made of plastic, and the list goes on..... When it comes down to it theres really only a couple nice ones and most of them arent tall enough. I must say one lincoln st is a beauty though but it could definately be taller. I think that the pru is the only ugly one that actually looks good because of its location, size, and its a symbol of boston. It also has a mini twin tower like look to it. Im perfectly happy with the w's design.

I hear the Super 8 has exactly the kind of service you're looking for. I'm sure their employees honestly don't give a fuck about your conversations.

I bet the employees will give great service on finding hookers and weed for their customers.

The W Hotel will feature a restaurant called the Living Room ... except there's one big problem: an unrelated Living Room restaurant already exists on Atlantic Avenue, and it's been here since 2002. That Living Room has filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against W, and I think they've got an excellent case:

Suit: This town not big enough for two Living Rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back