Winter Garden | 100 Federal St. | Financial District

Do we know what kind of retail is going here? I assume food of some kind. This looks like an awfully costly endeavor for a coffee shop/lunch spot or two and maybe one other small store.

Do we know what kind of retail is going here? I assume food of some kind. This looks like an awfully costly endeavor for a coffee shop/lunch spot or two and maybe one other small store.

Think of it this way, it's like adding a nice-sized deck,(or frankly, any major home improvement) on the back of your home! Expensive, yes, and sure, you're only using it to grill out and eat out, sometimes entertain friends during the warm months but it's adding value to the home and providing additional enjoyment for the family living there. Think of the winter garden addition in the same way just on a much larger scale. It will provide a comfortable space for the employees of the building (and the general public who might be in the area) especially in the cold months.

But, if I'm not mistaken, they've had trouble finding tenants for the similar space at OBP (old Boston Company building).

What are you talking about?

Absolutely. My God.

A jewel in the summer; Downtown's beautiful little courtyard. But the park is extremely-well utilized, including all lots of cool activities in the afternoon and early evenings. i also like that it's a bit dark in there even before the sun has set! One of the best little nooks in the Downtown area for sure.

How did this shit get approved? Where's GALER?

That said, at least 5 1/2 months out of the year, it blows.

This helps that a lot.

i would have left it as it is.

I welcome this winter garden. This time of year when POS isn't usable because of temperature, it will be nice to have a place close by where one can sit and eat indoors. The plaza that was there was barren and not particularly pleasant. Even on the nicest warm weather days, I hardly ever saw anyone use it. People would much rather sit in POS Park, which is better buffered from traffic and is just more pleasant in general.

agreed ^^^ plus i love the preggo building and i love that this is part of the complex.

33268520275_c500302ac5_b.jpg

So, the reports in this thread have this project starting in September. No structure has started to rise yet and they appear to still be doing foundation work. Is this really a 1-2 year project? Is it that complicated? Are there underground utilities issues? I am not suggesting this could be built in a matter of months but I am surprised that there is so little visible, above ground progress after 6 months.

So, the reports in this thread have this project starting in September. No structure has started to rise yet and they appear to still be doing foundation work. Is this really a 1-2 year project? Is it that complicated? Are there underground utilities issues? I am not suggesting this could be built in a matter of months but I am surprised that there is so little visible, above ground progress after 6 months.

I believe they are also expanding their basement/sub-basement levels -- which is why we are seeing all of the foundation work.

I believe they are also expanding their basement/sub-basement levels -- which is why we are seeing all of the foundation work.

ah that would make much more sense. Thanks for the info.

Back