Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Re: 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Looking forward to watching this go up.

According to Steven Belkin which owns the building next door, they have discussed a residential tower on their site. Maybe a proposal is forthcoming. See page 167.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here there be more renders:

http://www.bostonplans.org/getattach...c-cfcbc0197323

Two things to note after skimming through :

1) Top-down construction! No waiting for a pit to be filled with this one. (should note though - the slurry wall will be 4 feet thick.. May take a while for that to get finished, but after that, we should see the tower rising rather quickly)

2) Some numbers:
While the square footage for proposed residential space has been reduced since
the PNF (from up to 780,000 to approximately 710,000 square feet), the number of
residential units has increased from 460 to approximately 500;
• The office space has increased from up to approximately 635,000 square feet to
approximately 750,000 square feet;

Retail has also been cut in half, and public meeting space by a third.

Also interesting that the "Supplemental Information" doc pretty much confirms that the Burns statue is going back to the Fens.

i believe you mis-assigned the pronouns. That section appears to reference Belkins' complaints about 115 Winthrop's latest proposal/s.....

ShawnA's characterization is accurate.

I love how Belkin complains that "the proposed building dwarfs 133 Federal Street, which is a Paul Rudolf building" but then later states that "The owners of 133 Federal Street building have discussed with the BPDA a possible residential tower on our plaza and partially over our existing building. MP’s development next door with an excessive FAR will be extremely detrimental to our reasonable development plan."

So Belkin doesn't like a new tower next door "dwarfing" his existing building, but he's also looking into building his own new tower that will be built "partially over" his existing building. You can't have it both ways, dude....

Also, Paul "Rudolf"???

eyNGVoR.jpg

I can only imagine how awesome this scene would be with 1 Bromfield in the picture.

Anyone with PhotoShop want to take a stab at it?

fnhqIZl.jpg

That Belkin letter is really something.

Did somebody pass a law that every proposed residential space in Boston is entitled to a "view."

ShawnA's characterization is accurate.

yes i saw my mistake and deleted. :rolleyes:

Gave it a shot in MS Paint, didn't come out too bad. If only it could have been...

21RKajV.jpg

Wow, look at the tumors on that thing.

Here's my attempt... colors purposely darkened so as not to be so cartoony render-y.

28084591118_9fc0eafb37_o.png

Excellent. A much better render than mine.

Wow, look at the tumors on that thing.

I think the "tumors" are pretty cool. They make the building suggest a sort of cactus.

Excellent. A much better render than mine.

I think the "tumors" are pretty cool. They make the building suggest a sort of cactus.

Nothing says "Boston" quite like "cactus."

Nothing says "Boston" quite like "cactus."

Hey, who knows what the climate will be like in 40 years? Maybe they're using some foresight.

Can we not talk about 1 Bromfield in this thread please? It's not getting built in that form anyway.

Gave it a shot in MS Paint, didn't come out too bad. If only it could have been...

21RKajV.jpg

Can you throw SST in there? Then do it w/o one Bromfield since its not being built.

Imo 1 Bromfield is ugly. If the set backs worked like normal setbacks itd be okay but overhangs are ugly and give it a weird shape.

One positive thing this will do is distract the eye from MT's open roof when looking from the South. This building will appear taller than MT from that view, so the open roof is no longer crowning the skyline. SST would further mitigate that issue. Get 'em built!

This view will change as will this one

Back