10 Farnsworth Street | Fort Point

10%20Farnsworth%20Exterior.jpg
The facade seems to be getting flattened out instead of having the depth of the girders shown in the rendering. Hope not, it would significantly downgrade the design quality of this.

The facade seems to be getting flattened out instead of having the depth of the girders shown in the rendering. Hope not, it would significantly downgrade the design quality of this.

Its become a glass box tied with black ribbons. Disappointing.

This one isn't quite done yet. There's still a chance we could see some texture!

Usually the pieces that have the stickers still on them appear to be the final outer facade....I'll be bummed if the texture goes away.

Usually the pieces that have the stickers still on them appear to be the final outer facade....I'll be bummed if the texture goes away.

If you look at the lower left of this photo they're starting to replace some of the glazing temps with continuous snap trim receptors. I'm betting the depth in the renderings will be achieved with extra deep curtain wall trim pieces. Can't imagine they'd flaunt those renderings on their leasing website and then turn over a flat facade.

In this photo by BeeLine you can see the side of the building where some of the black panels, which have not yet been installed on the other side, have been installed. These final panels do in fact give the building more texture. Let's wait until this one is fully clad before passing judgment.

In this photo by BeeLine you can see the side of the building where some of the black panels, which have not yet been installed on the other side, have been installed. These final panels do in fact give the building more texture. Let's wait until this one is fully clad before passing judgment.

The white panels with blue lettering are the black panels with their protective film still on. They've been installed on both sides.

I'm typically all for waiting for the final product before passing judgement. That being said, this thing definitely looks like it's going to end up way flatter than in the renders.

Its become a glass box tied with black ribbons. Disappointing.

^This, exactly.

Man this building is a beauty but it would be so much better if it was 775' tall.

[/sarcasm]

Most of the black panels appear to be made of stone and look quite nice in person. It gives it a nice sense of quality and is so much better than the plain metal panels on several newer buildings now. I say most panels because I also noticed some intermittent skinnier glossy black panels around the facade as well and couldn't tell what material is used.

I'm holding out hope that the girder-like fins will be applied at the end. They really made this project special.

It's not bad, but its also really disappointing because it could have been really good

For everyone worried that the spandrels wont have the "girder" like appearance that is in the rendering:

qJrVHgl.jpg

zhx0sUd.jpg

For everyone worried that the spandrels wont have the "girder" like appearance that is in the rendering:

...your fears are confirmed? This thing is flat as hell, and not at all in the spirit of the rendering.

...your fears are confirmed? This thing is flat as hell, and not at all in the spirit of the rendering.

Looks like a possible girder piece laying on the railings of the lift but I could be wrong. It also looks like there are a lot of unfinished parts and attachment pieces connected to the current facade, which I'd guess would be for possible fins.

the flange section of the girder can be seen attached to the building in front of the workers in the first picture

Since people seem to be missing the girder part, here's it enhanced a bit:

4bR6rcV.jpg

Back