1330 Boylston Street | Fenway

Aw - leave Joe alone, Clements has always been my favorite real estate reporter in this town. When he worked for Banker & Tradesman, that rag used to be a must-read.

I walk past that Goodyear almost every day..what an eye sore. About time it goes. I'm excited to see what they have planned.

Both gas stations on that block were also purchased by Samuels and are/were in the process of having their storage tanks removed. I imagine an agreement will be made to relocate the USPS dispatch depot is pending. Now if a new Shaws could be located on this block under new construction, that would free up another large, and the smaller lower lot, parcels for development.

Both gas stations on that block were also purchased by Samuels and are/were in the process of having their storage tanks removed. I imagine an agreement will be made to relocate the USPS dispatch depot is pending. Now if a new Shaws could be located on this block under new construction, that would free up another large, and the smaller lower lot, parcels for development.

Gas stations take a very long time to redevelop because of leakage and pollution.

Development like shaws should be built with rooftop or underground parking, or both.

Its a sad day for Boylston street. The Hojo, fast food chains, goodyear store, gas stations and auto repair gave the block a style not found anywhere else in the city.

Right, they made the street look like Saugus or Framingham. Glad to see this stuff slowly going away.

Its a sad day for Boylston street. The Hojo, fast food chains, goodyear store, gas stations and auto repair gave the block a style not found anywhere else in the city.

Part of me agrees with you.

Right, they made the street look like Saugus or Framingham. Glad to see this stuff slowly going away.

The other part agrees with this, though.

I appreciate anomalies as much as the next person, but jass -- really? I don't see a single thing worth mourning over.

I walk past that Goodyear almost every day..what an eye sore. About time it goes. I'm excited to see what they have planned.
I believe that as part of the sale, Goodyear will be moving to 1330 Boylston St. Goodyear would only sell unless it could keep a presence in the area. The new shop will be significantly smaller than the current space.

BTW, the developer also owns the parking garage behind Goodyear. I think they're going to combine the 2 lots.

That's unfortunate. I don't see a need to have such facilities in a densely populated city; they should go out to the suburbs.

L1070159.jpg

L1070162.jpg

an old pix I took of
the Fenway nieghborhood,left click to enlarge

This building is beautiful in person... looks a lot better than the Trilogy across the street.

Better than Trilogy? That say's a lot since I think Trilogy is a really good looking building! Beantown could use another 10 Trilogy's, 1330's, and Archstone's.

Last edited:
Better than Trilogy? That say's a lot since I think Trilogy is a really good looking building! Beantown could use another 10 Trilogy's, 1330's, and Archstone's.

Oh I agree... but Trilogy is quite bland up close, but 1330 has a variety of materials and looks a bit sharper. Though I did like Trilogy benefiting from proximity to Fenway - getting $35 for parking during the game. Interesting business model to keep down condo fees.

It looks very nice, I must say. Something better be done about that HUGE concrete wall though. That is a huge eyesore. At least paint a big mural on it or something if it isn't coming down!

It is nice. I wouldn't give it as much praise as all of you are, but yes, nice variety of materials and a very sharp building.

img3989ea3.jpg

img3990dc0.jpg

img3992li1.jpg

img3994hm2.jpg

This one looks quality

img3995jm5.jpg

img3996xu9.jpg

img3997kz4.jpg

img3998yt4.jpg

img4002vl2.jpg

img4003rq7.jpg

img4007iy4.jpg