Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

Re: Nashua Street Residences (North Station)

My only issue with this are the random squares of glass interrupting the masonry section. Other then that its pretty damn good, but that wart is going to kill it. When I get a chance I'm going to put together an alternate design with slightly different materials. This is pretty obviously straight outta Revit, which I need to become more proficient in and this is a damned good excuse.

As for CBT, I had the... pleasure... of touring their firm. It feels like a stodgy newspaper office, very corporate and quite unlike a lot of the other firms around that have a much more organic culture. Their designs reflect this, IMO.

the Spaulding parking lot

which won't be needed, and hopefully can be developed, once Spaulding moves to Charlestown.

Better than the crappington

Looks like an awful lot of floors in that rendering, but not enough height for all those floors.

Looks like an awful lot of floors in that rendering, but not enough height for all those floors.

Res only needs a FTF height of 9'. We've been looking at lab renderings in Cambridge and Fan Pier for so long that a FTF height of less than 12'-15' (what labs require) seems off.

If all floors were even they would be 10'4½", which is pretty average.

I haven't scaled it, but it looks more like the residential floors are 10', parking 9', and then some of the retail areas are between 12' - 14'

Seems like work started on this. Some scaffolding is built already.

Seems like work started on this. Some scaffolding is built already.

That's for the Garden. It's been up for a little while now, around the "Elephant Ramp". I'm not sure what they're doing.

3qz6x5.jpg

^^ haha my thoughts exactly

Anyone heard anything on this project in the past six months? It was approved (EDIT) in February 2013 (/EDIT) based on the comments on this thread.

And, what happened to Kondylis the original architecture firm for NSR? Their domain name says, "Site not available" when you type www.kondylis.com.

Last edited:

Anyone heard anything on this project in the past six months? It was approved (EDIT) in February 2013 (/EDIT) based on the comments on this thread.

Could the work on the new exit to the North Station garage have been critical path for this? I can see them wanting to have additional access options to create flexibility on the Nashua St. site....

And, what happened to Kondylis the original architecture firm for NSR? Their domain name says, "Site not available" when you type www.kondylis.com.

I think Costas Kondylis doesn't feel it necessary to have a web page. The Donald calls him on the phone, and that's perfectly fine with Costas.

The rights to kondylis.com are probably tied up in legal matters since he dissolved his original firm in 2010, and considering he'll never have a problem getting work he probably said screw it to having a website.

Re: Nashua Street Residences | MBTA North Station Garage | West End

You're right, Deetroyt. I fixed it. Thanks.

Re: Nashua Street Residences | MBTA North Station Garage | West End

Any updates on this?

Back