Berklee Expansion Plans | Back Bay

I see lets of complaints. The way I choose to view this is, its better than what was there. Given the choice between this and what was there, I'd prefer this. Baby steps.

Was just in the West Fenway area today and I couldn't believe how much this project's crane dominated the area. It really feels like there's something in play in every corner of the city now.

So when are they going to demo that two story turd next door to it? Does Berklee own it?

Was just in the West Fenway area today and I couldn't believe how much this project's crane dominated the area. It really feels like there's something in play in every corner of the city now.
still have 3 more to go :) wash st(2) Pru(1?)

tYuJB.jpg

The bike storage area built by the Mass Ave/Pike intersection looks great.

Downside is its students only, requires key card access.

For the students using it, that's an upside, as it means the parking is reasonably secure.

(When I went to MIT many years ago, in the late 70s, we had a locked bike cage next to Building 13 for student and faculty use. I don't remember whether we were issued keys or cards, but it was very popular.)

The webcam for this is absolutely amazing. You can see everything happening in real time. Cars driving by, people walking... I want to get one of my friends to stand there at a certain time and wave to me. There's also quite a bit of progress going on with this! I think it's going to fly up!

Sexy curves...

621599_10151415579142506_346656992_o.jpg

Photo credit goes to my friend Angelos.

I was there today. Didn't have my camera. It's already a notable presence on Mass Ave. Some one said that 75 Ames St in Kendall Square is the current project underway that will have the biggest impact on it's neighborhood. And that might be, but this one is a close second, it's really going to change that area. Charlesview in Allston is also making a pretty big splash.

If anyone is interested they're jumping the crane tonight and tomorrow at the McDonald's site.

Back