Boston Properties Office Tower | 888 Boylston Street | Back Bay

As much of an ass salad sandwich the tower is the ground level is really shaping up nicely. The plaza was cool but I think this is much better for the street scape.

So this was lit up tonight and I noticed something pretty cool. When the crown is lit and the turbines are spinning (blue tonight) it looks like fire dancing at the top of the crown. The turbines are creating a pretty cool moving light feature that I didn't even consider before. Definitely looks cool at night.

So this was lit up tonight and I noticed something pretty cool. When the crown is lit and the turbines are spinning (blue tonight) it looks like fire dancing at the top of the crown. The turbines are creating a pretty cool moving light feature that I didn't even consider before. Definitely looks cool at night.

You should have seen what it looked like from my upper level seat at Fenway during the Dead & Co. concert a couple of weekends ago. LOL.

^Oh! I actually watched that photo be taken. The Sheraton does allow photographers up top from time to time.

888 looks pretty great from up there.

The side view coming down boylston or even the pike looks great at night. Its lit up pretty nice, the windmills being lit and spinning look like it has a bunch of flames dancing on the roof- which is a surprisingly cool effect. I still cant get over how ass ugly it is when im on the red line looking out at it on the longefellow, but it will be buried in a bunch of other projects soon.

Great ground level, cool at night, hurts the eyes from across the river, but overall at least it pulls through at night and at ground level. The back bay already has kind of a weird mix of shapes especially with the Copley Marriott, 111 Huntington, The Sheraton, so this sort of fits into the weirdness. Balance will come with the projects down the pike- pun intended- filling in the area more, 1 dalt obviously. Idk its built and Boston needs better nighttime lighting and ground level is good so at least we got that.

Friend on the job snapped this on the roof.

13882095_10207523585907974_3312720337500551074_n.jpg

I must have seen you before im on the redline at the same time every day. If I see someone taking pictures of the city while everyone else is scrolling through facebook Ill come say whats up. On another note does anyone know how close the ground floor is to completion now?

i can't believe it.... starting at post 1051,

i'm looking at three 888 photos in a row and they actually make that turd look good.

Hope they're paying you guys cuz it's never been done before.

Tesla moving out to ground floor in the fall, this is going to look awesome!
new-tesla-store-boston.jpg

I had a look at the sculpted seating in the plaza up close. That's also pretty cool.

The Good: street level floors will really animate the block and the plaza looks well done.

The Bad: the upper V struts call attention to themselves and highlight...nothing, just dull blank panels behind them.

The Ugly: the more transparent glass isn't so bad but the more opaque glass flattens out and creates large areas of "blank" wall, the proportions are lumpy and awkward.

This is a building that succeeds up close but really fails at any kind of a distance.

Back