Boston Properties Office Tower | 888 Boylston Street | Back Bay

Ground floor and crown look great at night. At least we got that thank god.

I imagine that the Eataly main entrance from the plaza (if, indeed, there will be one) will be at the far right corner of the plaza? In the top picture of the most recent set of plaza pics, there are olives shown on the wall with what looks like an employment enticement, most likely for the new Eataly.

I imagine that the Eataly main entrance from the plaza (if, indeed, there will be one) will be at the far right corner of the plaza? In the top picture of the most recent set of plaza pics, there are olives shown on the wall with what looks like an employment enticement, most likely for the new Eataly.

That's correct.

They have been lighting this to match the Pru. This is from Saturday. Friday was even cooler, with alternating blue/red on the top of the Pru and on this building's windmills.

IMG_3674 by David Z, on Flickr

Love to see buildings lit in color at night. Perhaps the BPDA could persuade the property owners of select prominent buildings to splash color on their tops. Design a "Skyline Necklace", so to speak, or select a single street popular with tourists and make it a "Color Walk" at night. Don't want to overdo it, of course.

Old Sacramento:
(Maybe too much with this example, but, something more appropriate for Boston)
29843736145_de720f41ce_b.jpg

They have been lighting this to match the Pru. This is from Saturday. Friday was even cooler, with alternating blue/red on the top of the Pru and on this building's windmills.

IMG_3674 by David Z, on Flickr

Saw this over the weekend. Looked great and only served to reinforce my long-held opinion (well, held ever since they installed the colored LEDs) that the top of the Pru should almost always be lit by colored lights rather than the boring white ones. Red looks best, but they all -- green, blue, lavender, etc. -- really make a huge (positive) difference. Since they have the capability, why not make use of it more often like the Empire State Bldg.? Last time I was in NYC for more than a week, I think the Empire State was only lit with "just" white at the crown one night.

The Pru is lit a different color each night in December for the annual 31 Nights of Light, honoring a charitable cause each night. Nice to see them coordinating 888 Boylston's lights with the Pru's.

Color/cause announced each day & a photo posted of it each night:
https://twitter.com/pruboston

What I'm wondering about is where is the Great Pru Sculpture "Quest Eternal" going to go when it returns from its vacation
4.%20Quest%20Eternal%20-%201.jpg

It potentially may end up in Smith Playground in Allston. I'm invested in getting a new/second roller hockey court there during the upcoming redevelopment and the statue came up during on the of the community meetings. I believe it's been donated to Boston for public art, and if the LA/Brighton community wants it, it could end up in the park.

It potentially may end up in Smith Playground in Allston. I'm invested in getting a new/second roller hockey court there during the upcoming redevelopment and the statue came up during on the of the community meetings. I believe it's been donated to Boston for public art, and if the LA/Brighton community wants it, it could end up in the park.

Still think he should be matched with Bill Russell in the titanic dual under the basket

4.%20Quest%20Eternal%20-%201.jpg

Quest Pru is putting up a Wilt-like finger roller and Russ moves across to block the shot and deflect it cross court to Hondo who of course pulls up and fires a jumper on the other end

bill-russell-boston-celtics-autographed-8-x-10-blocking-photograph5-t6243442-2000.jpg

Tesla was promoting their opening on their Facebook page. It noted they're now open in Boston's most sustainable building.

Thank god for the lighting and ground level. Thank god. Its a turd but godamut they polished it into a mirror.

Anyone know what happened to Bloomingdales? Weren't they supposed to open a location here?

Back