Millennium (Hayward) Place | 580 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Millennium Place III | Hayward Place

If you've got a smartphone and you are hanging around DTX -- you can see how Millenium Place will look when its completed

quoted in today's Herald on-line
Developer shows how Millennium Place will rise downtown
By Greg Turner
Tuesday, June 26, 2012

If it's really as glassy as it looks in that short video (check previous page), then at least from one side it's going to be a real win. The rest of it might still look like garbage.

It definitely looks better than earlier renders. Proof will be in the final build and the street level. But they definitely make it look cool in the video.

today walking
4601140a.jpg
4719f33f.jpg
d2f931d7.jpg
d0802f38.jpg
24b5fe0c.jpg
86600b1f.jpg
fc1c7a00.jpg
6e7ff847.jpg
107bd3a1.jpg
35627cf2.jpg

Has there ever been a time when this many cranes have dotted the Boston skyline? This sites second crane will make #9.

Happy to see that Millennium Partners spelled their name correctly on the fencing around the project site.

You may laugh, but this alone is more than can be said for the luxury Hilton Millenium hotel right across from the WTC site in New York.

Finally, the big crane is being built!

A few I shot today walking through DTX

IMG_20120629_151229.jpg

IMG_20120629_151226.jpg

IMG_20120629_151252.jpg

IMG_20120629_151257.jpg

IMG_20120629_151234.jpg

A couple renderings from the MP marketing team as well as one of the QR code, which works pretty well if you like looking at things on a 3" phone screen.

mp2422x640.jpg

mp1640x446.jpg

hayward_place640x486.jpg

^the quality of those renderings is stunning. If you made renderings like that of the ugliest building in Boston it would be inclined to like it.

How invigorating!

mp2422x640.jpg

Except that these are condos and not offices, so the curtains will most likely be drawn most of the time and the light won't pour out like that. It will just be dark.

^the quality of those renderings is stunning. If you made renderings like that of the ugliest building in Boston it would be inclined to like it.

Yeah, I'm not sure we can trust how the building will look from these. Just looking at the Ritz buildings on either side of Avery St., they don't at all look that good in person. Not that I don't like them, they are fine, but in this render they are spectacular.

Just wondering, what happened to the second crane? Did they decide that they don't need it anymore?

I heard the two cranes had a fight and one stormed off in a huff.

I think I had enough of Millennium places in Boston.

I'm definetely not a fan of the Millennium style for Boston.
It seems they are trying to build their Real Estate empire across the Theater District into Downtown.

I wish we had another developer for Filenes site.

Millennium is the only developer in this city that actually gets stuff built. Let em build.

They do good work and if they are the only one's who can build up DTX then I'm all for it.

They certainly produce some good quality stuff. I really like the way the glass on the Ritz Carlton Towers looks in the evening. Hopefully they just tweak the top of the Filene's Tower and get something 606'+ built there.

It could be a lot worse. Have you seen many of the condos going up in Toronto by the skydome? They are mostly the same developer, look very similar, and the cladding appears cheap.

They certainly produce some good quality stuff. I really like the way the glass on the Ritz Carlton Towers looks in the evening. Hopefully they just tweak the top of the Filene's Tower and get something 606'+ built there.

It could be a lot worse. Have you seen many of the condos going up in Toronto by the skydome? They are mostly the same developer, look very similar, and the cladding appears cheap.

What do you mean by cheap? It's a adjective that keeps being thrown up, usually against cities not name Boston. I'm looking at some of the towers near the skydome and while they don't look fancy, I don't really see many residential towers in Boston that are better or even on par with it.

My apologies, but I do feel like this board often uses words like cheap in comparison to other cities in order to make Boston look better. I just don't see much of anything in Boston that is "less cheap" than what's going up in Toronto.

I do agree however that the Filene's design can do better.

Last edited:

Back