Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital | Navy Yard | Charlestown

Sexiest vent shaft ever.

Last edited:
I meant "ever." I have no idea where of the year came from. I was still half asleep lol.

9059016405_7e32a43a01_b.jpg

9061183932_23e6a2819b_b.jpg

9058914303_be523f642b_b.jpg

^^ They're back repairing and painting the main span. The traffic is a shit-show every night.

Rode my bike through here today. The little waterfront area is nice.

9062153528_31724fa432_b.jpg

The building is kinda interesting from this angle.

9059938803_274568f752_b.jpg

Wish the Seaport area would get some design like this.

It's like Battleship Awesome is docked in the harbor.

Did anyone notice they demo'd the warehouse across the 'Little Mystic' from this development? The one where you have to drive under the Tobin Toll Plaza from the Moran Terminal to get to it.

I'll go crazy if that gets developed before another Eastie Waterfront parcel, but good to see that something might be going on by the water.

I work at Spaulding, and I haven't noticed any activity there. Just a lot of boat traffic using the fueling station on the Little Mystic, and some BHC vessels in storage on the other side of the pier. Honestly it wouldn't be a very nice place to put housing. The Auto Port's not going anywhere, and gives the surrounding area a very industrial vibe.

Looking at the site today, you may be right UrbEx. There's a crane footing in place, and a truck was delivering a crane module in today. Cement mixers were hard at work as well. Earth-movers abound. Anyone have knowledge on what's going to go here?

Also, related to Spaulding: the City is building an accessible adapted playground on the pier in front of the hospital. It's supposed to be done before Mumbles leaves office. Sounds like a perfect item to go along with Spaulding.

Looking at the site today, you may be right UrbEx. There's a crane footing in place, and a truck was delivering a crane module in today. Cement mixers were hard at work as well. Earth-movers abound. Anyone have knowledge on what's going to go here?

Huh! Well this is an interesting turn of events.

I don't even know what the legal address of this site would be, so can't even Google it.

Back