State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

So just to set the progress straight... this broke ground in ~August 2019? And the construction is going at a good pace?

From what I can see, this sample looks finished down to the unknown stone base. Nice reflection of clouds in the glass. Taken today.
7BA13B8D-6FD6-4808-8743-6EF892538269.jpeg
FAD1EB8C-569D-4EB4-A81E-160E84F419E6.jpeg
961C3B02-4D7B-4137-8A06-A71A40245A56.jpeg
5367FDDF-CE74-4ABA-88D6-A202841E8107.jpeg

Last edited:
Really transparent glass, should make the tower feel light and airy, I think itll look great.

Very similar to the glass as at 121 Seaport it looks

Taken today. I’ve previously posted photos of this set up located in the parking lot of Suffolk Downs in the Revere thread. I’m posting them here now because I’m pretty sure these are the samples for One Congress (if I’m overstepping, please move to the Revere thread). The sample on the left is new and still being constructed. They disassembled one that was previously in this spot. The one on the right was created with the original about six months ago. You can see in this new sample the curve (sail) of One Congress. HYM now owns Suffolk Downs so I’m not sure why they are putting them here, maybe lack of space on site.
Previous photos http://archboston.com/community/threads/revere-infill-and-small-developments.4883/post-356437

View attachment 3196View attachment 3197View attachment 3198
Why do you think these are for State St HQ rather than the construction at Suffolk Downs?

Why do you think these are for State St HQ rather than the construction at Suffolk Downs?
Navigator -- if you look at the render of the One Congress tower -- kinda looks like these windows would fit

Besides -- Since the end of Amazon II -- nothing much is happening from the development side at Suffolk

So this thing quietly went vertical this week.
There are now three massive vertical steel assemblies poking over the top of the garage. I saw them go in the other day as they were hoisted up and over the external garage wall and into the garage structure.

There are now three massive vertical steel assemblies poking over the top of the garage. I saw them go in the other day as they were hoisted up and over the external garage wall and into the garage structure.

I dont exactly think this is going vertical yet. Id give it a few months atleast

Semass -- I'm betting the stuff you saw hoisted into the garage is part of the process of tearing down part and reconfiguring the remaining part of the garage. Somewhere in the midst of all that there are foundations to plant for the the Tower to go vertical -- my guess is sometime in the Autumn

Sure looks like steel is rising inside the garage.

IMG_1226 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1227 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1228 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1250 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1237 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1238 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Slurry rigs have been removed.

IMG_1234 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1236 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1242 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1249 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1231 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1240 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sure looks like steel is rising inside the garage.

IMG_1226 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1227 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1228 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1250 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1237 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1238 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Slurry rigs have been removed.

IMG_1234 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1236 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1242 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1249 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1231 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1240 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
Beeline looking at the columns inside the parking garage and the photo on the poster -- the columns inside the garage must be some of the columns seen between the curved glass exterior panels ?

Sounds like there is going to be some excavation going on in the foreground of your 1st, 7-10 pix

The slurry plant is now disassembled.
I think this is moving faster than some of you may expect.

Yup, they were rolling with this one as soon as they got the go-ahead at the beginning of the week.

I was under the impression that only residential and infrastructure was currently allowed, so I do have some confusion about this. However, from a skyline perspective this is the single most important building we'll get in the next 5+ years, so build baby build!

Back