The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Re: One Seaport Square | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq. | Seaport

21111992523_dbf5a08b12_b.jpg

21545163658_427d89ef7a_b.jpg

This one is really going to change the area. Lets hope they add some trees to the sidewalk once finished, this stretch of Seaport Blvd. in the summer is brutal.

I believe that extensive sidewalk improvements are planned, including trees and other plantings.

and hopefully NOT a big fence in the median, which has been shown in some renders

edit - this street is wide enough that i wonder if they could change it from being a straight line to a wavy line - make it subtly curvy as a traffic slowing measure - any thoughts on this?

and hopefully NOT a big fence in the median, which has been shown in some renders

edit - this street is wide enough that i wonder if they could change it from being a straight line to a wavy line - make it subtly curvy as a traffic slowing measure - any thoughts on this?

I was just in Houston, TX and noticed they're doing that to some downtown streets there. The ones I saw that were finished actually looked impressively good. They had objects like long fountains, planters, and stones for sitting on zig zagging down the roadway. I'm not sure how great that principle would work here, mainly because all of those roads are 1-way... I feel like Seaport is the only neighborhood in Boston where all roads are 2-way.

From 11/1

I was in the Seaport last week and walked past this site on all 4 sides. With some meat going on the bones it is obvious that this is one of the most aesthetically transformational developments in the area.

Firstly, it adds vast stretches of streetwall to Seaport Blvd and Northern Ave. That is really going to enclose Seaport Blvd and make it feel less vast. Northern doesn't really have the same scale problem, but the enclosure will be welcome there nonetheless.

Second, it hides Vertex and 1MPD from most vantage points. It won't be the prettiest building in Boston and probably not even in the Seaport, but for it's massive landscraper proportions it manages to avoid being as monolithic and cold as its neighbors. Vertex and 1MPD will finally melt into the background as they were clearly meant to.

It won't be too long before this phase of Seaport development is a distant memory (of a nightmare).

Does anyone have a link to the PNF or other documents of these blocks specifically? Thanks!

I was in the Seaport last week and walked past this site on all 4 sides. With some meat going on the bones it is obvious that this is one of the most aesthetically transformational developments in the area.

Firstly, it adds vast stretches of streetwall to Seaport Blvd and Northern Ave. That is really going to enclose Seaport Blvd and make it feel less vast. Northern doesn't really have the same scale problem, but the enclosure will be welcome there nonetheless.

Second, it hides Vertex and 1MPD from most vantage points. It won't be the prettiest building in Boston and probably not even in the Seaport, but for it's massive landscraper proportions it manages to avoid being as monolithic and cold as its neighbors. Vertex and 1MPD will finally melt into the background as they were clearly meant to.

It won't be too long before this phase of Seaport development is a distant memory (of a nightmare).

I'm not as down on the Seaport as you are, but I agree completely about how transformational this project is. I was down there on Saturday night, and it's incredible how much you can already see the canyonization of Northern Ave. in your mind's eye. That street is going to look really narrow.

You also add Kings and the cinema, plus the Envoy roof deck, Babbo, Gather, etc. and you might end up with a lively nightlife on Northern. Yuppie-ish, yes, but lively.

Back