The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

I'm surprised the Seaport doesn't have a grocery store yet. I would assume that in one of these new buildings there will be one at some point.

Thanks for describing supply/demand and competition for me fattony like I'm a child, I didnt understand that before you came around.

Come on, man. Be nice.

I'm surprised the Seaport doesn't have a grocery store yet. I would assume that in one of these new buildings there will be one at some point.

Not enough residents “yet”.

(Apologies this post isn't explicitly Hub on Causeway related)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe a tenant has been announced yet for the 2nd floor of Parcel M2 (backside of Echelon property). Unless Amazon decides to include a Whole Foods at its buildout of the L parcels, I have a hunch the M parcel developers are working to court a grocery tenant upstairs there. There's no question the influx of residents to the neighborhood has strengthened the market demand for a supermarket there.

Come on, man. Be nice.

(Apologies this post isn't explicitly Hub on Causeway related)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe a tenant has been announced yet for the 2nd floor of Parcel M2 (backside of Echelon property). Unless Amazon decides to include a Whole Foods at its buildout of the L parcels, I have a hunch the M parcel developers are working to court a grocery tenant upstairs there. There's no question the influx of residents to the neighborhood has strengthened the market demand for a supermarket there.

I believe there definitely will be a Whole Foods in the first Amazon building on L block, big win for Seaport!

I believe there definitely will be a Whole Foods in the first Amazon building on L block, big win for Seaport!

I like (certain items form) Whole Foods and shop there regularly but I don't think it qualifies as a traditional grocery store. I consider markets that don't even sell products as ubiquitous as Coke and Pepsi to be specialty stores. Sometimes you just want a Coke and a bag of Doritos and not Vermont Natural Cola and Santa Fe Organic Tortilla Chips with low fat nacho cheese.

Back on topic:

They are pouring sidewalks and washing windows on the right side podium today.

Back on topic:

They are pouring sidewalks and washing windows on the right side podium today.

They also added a banner at the central entrance at Canal St stating that it was for TD Garden access only. I guess they're planning on opening that entrance up soon?

Globe: New tunnel will save North Station commuters unpleasant winter walk

Opening in December

tlumackinorthstation047.jpg

I know it's only a tunnel, a short passageway for mostly commuters, but couldn't they have added some interest, a splash of color, or something to brighten things up. What a depressing short walk this will be. But I guess it's better than walking in the rain/snow/sleet..and dodging traffic.

^ That thing looks like a death trap. No mid-tunnel egress? It won't take much to fill that thing entirely with people and then have a bit of panic ruin everything.

Is there also going to be a street level entrance on the Hub's side of Causeway?

Seems like there ought to be 3 ways from CR to OL/GL:
1) The tunnel in the photo
2) via the Hub's central entrance to/from an access on the Hubs' side of Causeway (exit through the gift shop, but enter the subway without crossing the street)
3) Some other way across Causeway and into the OL/GL entry we've been using the last 2 years

This tunnel doesn't exactly scream (or even drunkenly slur, whisper, etc.) 'world class'.

Echoing Atlantaden's sentiment a couple posts above, this strikes me as a missed opportunity to spend just a bit more money on this walkway given the thousands upon thousands of people (locals and visitors) who will be utilizing this space.

This tunnel doesn't exactly scream (or even drunkenly slur, whisper, etc.) 'world class'.

Echoing Atlantaden's sentiment a couple posts above, this strikes me as a missed opportunity to spend just a bit more money on this walkway given the thousands upon thousands of people (locals and visitors) who will be utilizing this space.

It's also not done yet and a month away from opening.

Boy, am I getting sick of seeing people throw the "World Class" phrase around, just because the city (& its representatives) have done so in the past.

We're talking about a frickin' tunnel. We don't need a "world class tunnel", which is what you're insinuating...just a secure & effective one.

That's a pretty utilitarian tunnel, they could've done a liiiiiittle more with it

Boy, am I getting sick of seeing people throw the "World Class" phrase around, just because the city (& its representatives) have done so in the past.

We're talking about a frickin' tunnel. We don't need a "world class tunnel", which is what you're insinuating...just a secure & effective one.

Wow, you get sick pretty easily. Must be rough.

Back