The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Should be the new spot for gigantic whale murals like the old South End building you can't really see from the highway anymore
Ha! I like this idea. The city of New Bedford does a nice job with whale murals.

Attachments

• C5CAE6CB-64E5-4C0D-B1EE-6E73F4BE5E0F.jpeg
    C5CAE6CB-64E5-4C0D-B1EE-6E73F4BE5E0F.jpeg
    937.3 KB · Views: 190
Has anyone heard anything about the food hall? I realize Covid but you'd think they'd say something.

12/24 from Orient Heights

by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_5737 by David Z, on Flickr
Thanks for the feedback on the food hall... I realize that opening soon probably isn't a good idea but I also have to wonder at their total silence... I would think they'd at least put out a "We're hanging in there and hoping to WOW you when it's safe to do so" on their Instagram or something.

O/T but it's in this photo: that new "USE" signage for the tunnels is ugly as hell.

O/T but it's in this photo: that new "USE" signage for the tunnels is ugly as hell.

It matters more if it works... though I'm not sure why the names of the tunnels are on the signage at all. Just sign the Ted as "I-90W TO I-93S, Logan Airport" and the Sumner as "TO I-93N, TO Storrow Drive, Downtown" (at that point, no one cares that it's MA-1A).

It matters more if it works... though I'm not sure why the names of the tunnels are on the signage at all. Just sign the Ted as "I-90W TO I-93S, Logan Airport" and the Sumner as "TO I-93N, TO Storrow Drive, Downtown" (at that point, no one cares that it's MA-1A).

I think enough people know the tunnel names more so than the route numbers that it's important to have both on the signs.

DZH -- never got a chance to say it -- but your Verizon with the brick foreground [circa Dec 30] is one of the best "juxtaposing old and new Boston" which has been exhibited on AB in quite a while (y)

At least the 'If you lived here, you'd be home" sign was a slightly clever/amusing.

I was amused by that sign for many years, but then I learned the history of the neighborhood. I wouldn't say that it was an intentional troll of former West Enders, but I definitely think it was somewhat thoughtless.

Back