Tree House Residence Hall Tower @ MassArt | 578 Huntington Avenue | Fenway

Re: Mass Art Dormitory

Yeah, for some reason I recall reading that the height for this was maxing out at 220 feet, which is the same height as International Village. Aside possibly from some Longwood Medical developments, I don't think neighborhoods in this part of the city are allowed to exceed 220 feet with their developments. (Heck, look at the panic attack some residents are getting from putting a 190-footer at the YMCA!)

this afternoon from the Longfellow bridge
002-4.jpg
008-7.jpg
016-16.jpg
048-5.jpg

Personal message today from WIT PD:

Suffolk Construction, the general contractor for the new Mass Art residence hall construction project adjacent to the West Parking Lot, has advised Public Safety that several vehicles near the construction site may have received some residual spray from fireproofing cement due to the wind.

If your vehicle appears to have fireproofing cement on it, please contact Wentworth Public Safety. It is recommended that you have your vehicle washed; the cost will be covered by Suffolk Construction. Please drop the car wash receipt off at Wentworth?s Public Safety office to be reimbursed. Suffolk Construction is also out in the lot at this time working to clean some of the cars.

Lol.

^^
Too bad it's not bikini season time...and construction workers aren't females.

today the BU crane and Mass Art from Camb.
054-7.jpg
056-9.jpg
058-8.jpg

^ this picture reminds me of when Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester was building a new library. Once they got the insulation up, but none of the brick was installed they had to field a bunch of angry calls from old ladys that lived nearby saying " you didn't tell us you were building a bright yellow building! It's hideous!"

^ this picture reminds me of when Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester was building a new library. Once they got the insulation up, but none of the brick was installed they had to field a bunch of angry calls from old ladys that lived nearby saying " you didn't tell us you were building a bright yellow building! It's hideous!"
Lol

I actually find buildings to be more beautiful when they're unfinished without facades. I love seeing all the studs, weatherproofing, structure, etc.

Lol

I actually find buildings to be more beautiful when they're unfinished without facades. I love seeing all the studs, weatherproofing, structure, etc.

Yeah, I love seeing all the lines of the studs and seeing the massive beams that support the whole thing. It's really cool to see.

The undulating walls of the west village building along Ruggles looked amazing while it was under construction. It was a big let down when they put the brick curtain wall on.

Is there a difference between the yellow and blue insulation?

Looks like they have different brand markings so I'm assuming it is whatever could be sourced cheaper that day?

Topped off! The flag has been placed!

The final pieces of steel decking are being laid on the top floor with the crane today.

It's definitely taller than West Village H. I'd say when completed it will be on par with IV.

Spires to Education now overwhelming spires to religion. Nowhere near the spires of commerce however.

cca

thats deep.

Indeed, and has much to say about what we as a society value most. Check out Ed Bacon, the city planner for Philly back in the day (and Kevin Bacon's father). He wrote some interesting things on this phenomena.

The best shot of this tower is from the Commuter Rail as it passes by. I'll take a shot of it one day. Maybe this afternoon, but I don't have a quality camera with me.

the commuter rail passes by this...?

Back