Tree House Residence Hall Tower @ MassArt | 578 Huntington Avenue | Fenway

Re: Mass Art Dormitory

Would have been nice if Wentworth and Northeastern had executed some kind of land swap so that the West Village buildings formed part of the Huntington streetwall rather than it be permanently interrupted - within sight of the MFA's main entrance no less - by a playing field that has no business in such a prominent location, and which exposes some nasty tenement innards by continuing to claw out open space where it doesn't belong.

There is something about that field that I've always enjoyed walking by. I'd be sad to see it go. The Northeastern tenanments next door, though, are an eyesore.

Wentworth wants to preserve the view to their original buildings. The entire triangular lot once was a park. Not really clear why it was ever partially developed.

Haha, NEU will never get that plot from us and as I've stated in other threads, Sweeney Field adds public theater to the Huntington experience. It's fun to spectate a game or practice while you're walking by.

Haha, NEU will never get that plot from us and as I've stated in other threads, Sweeney Field adds public theater to the Huntington experience. It's fun to spectate a game or practice while you're walking by.

It's a hellish nightmare for me who's bedroom faces directly into the field. The lacrosse players, men and women, scream like they are having some intense orgy outside from afternoon to 10pm.

@porter,

The basement is still bad but the walls are repainted so there are no holes (created from people hanging stuff), a entirely new bathroom, a spice rack, and cabinets. The stove and refrigerator is still old though.

It's a hellish nightmare for me who's bedroom faces directly into the field. The lacrosse players, men and women, screams like they are having some intense orgy outside from afternoon to 10pm.

@porter,

The basement is still bad but the walls are repainted so there are no holes (created from people hanging stuff), a entirely new bathroom, a spice rack, and cabinets. The stove and refrigerator is still old though.

The fire station abuts Edwards/Rodgers. Imagine that all. night. long. It's all part of the Huntington experience. =P

The fire station abuts Edwards/Rodgers. Imagine that all. night. long. It's all part of the Huntington experience. =P

Fire trucks? I thought those were my complimentary morning alarm clocks.

2 quick questions.
1. In Tarantino's latest pic, is the steel to the right basically as high as this building is going to go? I don't count 21 floors, but I also didn't quite count that many in the renders either.
2. Has the cladding started?

If NU ever buys out the seedy bastard that owns Punter's Pub, you can bet that triangle gets a 200' tower.

Punter's is seedy, but it's genuine. I've thrown a lot of darts in that place.

2 quick questions.
1. In Tarantino's latest pic, is the steel to the right basically as high as this building is going to go? I don't count 21 floors, but I also didn't quite count that many in the renders either.

1.) It might be.

2.) No, the cladding has not started.

^I just drove by it in the Fenway,it really looks tall,with nothing around it,this is a cool project to watch go up!

You guys realize you could walk by the field on a street that isn't Huntington?

It needn't be eliminated, just moved off of one of Boston's grandest boulevards, where a streetwall continuation would be more appropriate.

5566673274_68bd03d362_b.jpg

thats the pix I've been trying to get for awhile.I guess If u get out of ur car u get it lol! nice pixs u posted today here and the other's u posted!

2 quick questions.

I think they're working on the last floor today, actually; they're putting on steel pieces that seem unfamiliar compared to the rest. And I think I counted 20 or 21 stories. I'll go get a picture soon.

And no, the cladding hasn't started. They're getting all the insulation board up.

I was at the MFA yesterday and was shocked by just how tall this actually is. The pictures do not do it justice.

Is this taller than West Village H, and if so by how much? Is it taller than International Village?

Is this taller than West Village H, and if so by how much? Is it taller than International Village?

It's definitely taller than West Village H. I'd say when completed it will be on par with IV.

Back