Tufts Dental School

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

Awkward, perhaps. But significantly better than what was there before.

Some posters in this forum clearly have a blind hatred of Alucobond, but otherwise I think the addition of a new material and new composition help this building overcome the relentless concrete cladding that previously existed.

I don't hate Alucobond, it can just seem very bland and boring in many cases, even more so than concrete. However, it has it's merits, and is a very useful addition to an architects library of materials. See the Alucobond used at FP3, you'll most likely really like how it looks.

Not a good photo, but worth posting. This was the second day in a row I noticed the building, for the first time. It was lit up, last night. Looks cool in the skyline; from Back Bay it shows up right next to the Radisson, if I remember right.

meaningless1.jpg

Jimbo, looks like the view from the Red Fez!
The building is interesting now, so props to the designer.

Now that is some funny stuff right there. :)

If they painted the original concrete white then the whole thing would actually work.

Takes one of the cheapest, nastiest buildings in the city and makes it worth discussing. +

Maybe they decided to keep the beige concrete color so it could serve as an apt symbol for the onset of tooth decay....?

BRUSH AFTER EVERY MEAL OR WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS BUILDING WILL HAPPEN TO YOU!!!

Back