Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive - Parcel C | Seaport

Re: Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Huh. So how deep is the water there?

After the S.S. Peter Stuyvesant sank on February 6th & 7th, 1978, Anthony's sued the company that had installed the mooring system. That company had installed the system in 1968, a decade before the Blizzard hit.

The company's defense was that more than 6 years had passed between their installation of the mooring and the storm, so was beyond the statute of limitations.

Anthony's argued that the six years couldn't have started from the date the ship was first moored, the six years started from the day the mooring failed, since that's the first day Anthony's could have known the mooring was defective.

The court agreed.

I couldn't find out what happened next, if Anthony's got any money back.

http://masscases.com/cases/sjc/396/396mass818.html

The appellate court ruled mainly for the defendants, and limited the claim against the contractor who built the mooring. The case was sent back to the trial court for trial on the merits with respect to one claim. Whether it ever got to trial, was settled, or abandoned by Anthony is unclear.

The remaining issue to be tried seems to have been whether was any warranty with respect to the mooring given by the contractor above any warranty by the architect / designer. The architect/designer was dismissed as a defendant. The appellate court suggests that there was no warranty in the design that the mooring would be sufficient for a storm like the Blizzard of 1978, but whether the contractor warrantied to a higher level of performance would be the issue at trial. Any higher warranty would have been verbal, and was not in writing.

The plaintiff's [Anthony] claims for breach of express warranty are subject to the six-year statute of limitations for contract actions, and they accrued when the plaintiff knew or reasonably should have known of the breach. Summary judgment properly was granted for Haley & Aldrich [defendant architect] on all counts and for Crandall Dry Dock [defendant contractor] on all counts except the one alleging breach of express warranties in the design of the mooring system. The judgment for Haley & Aldrich is affirmed; the judgment for Crandall Dry Dock is affirmed in part and reversed in part. The case against Crandall Dry Dock is remanded for further proceedings consistent with this opinion.

I would think Anthony had insurance on the boat. So he was trying either to get more money, or he failed to properly insure the boat.

So was Anthony not required to completely remove the boat from the Harbor bottom? I imagine you couldn't get away with not totally removing it today.

So was Anthony not required to completely remove the boat from the Harbor bottom? I imagine you couldn't get away with not totally removing it today.

From a diving site, "Wreck was broken up and partially removed, submerged hull remains "

How's the construction going there with all the snow?

Dare I ask if those white panels are part or the design or just temporary?

^^^ They are temporary covers over the balconys.

That glass is wayyyyyy darker than I expected. The project's still good, but I think lighter colored glass would've been better.

Just protective film on the glass. The curtainwall is entirely glazed.

The glass is beautiful, but I agree with Downburst. The renders made it look much brighter.

Lisbon -- By the time Anthony bought Pier 4 -- no one was using Pier 4 for anything except parking and supporting a restaurant

in fact circa 1960 abandonment was the general state of most of the old Piers in Boston Harbor -- the day when they were busy with shipping was long since past

Boston -- particularly from the Airport side of the harbor -- the Seaport / Innovation District has started to develop a quite substantial foreground skyline with the Financial District in the background

A remarkable transformation from the days, just a few years ago, when everything was Commonwealth Pier and the cluster of 3 Seaport buildings

The white panels are plywood with plastic over them. Due to either a shortage of that size at the assembly plant or a broken lite in transit. To minimize schedule impact the curtain wall panel is erected without the glass and will be field-glazed.

Are there height restrictions in Seaport Square because of Logan? It seems like all of the buildings only go a certain height, is this because of the height restrictions, lack of interest in more taller buildings, or just the fact that tall buildings in Seaport would look strange for the city skyline, or because there aren't many exits and entries, so putting many businesses would mean havoc for traffic? Space in Boston is so valuable and we're on the verge of running out of it, I just figured they would put more focus into making Seaport a larger scale, but that's just my opinion.

Just wondering...

Are there height restrictions in Seaport Square because of Logan? It seems like all of the buildings only go a certain height, is this because of the height restrictions, lack of interest in more taller buildings, or just the fact that tall buildings in Seaport would look strange for the city skyline, or because there aren't many exits and entries, so putting many businesses would mean havoc for traffic? Space in Boston is so valuable and we're on the verge of running out of it, I just figured they would put more focus into making Seaport a larger scale, but that's just my opinion.

Just wondering...

Logan.

Back