Waterside Place 1A | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place

C'mon now, that's harsh on East Germany. At least their skyline had the Fernsehturm:

Berlin+skyline.jpg

C'mon now, that's harsh on East Germany. At least their skyline had the Fernsehturm:

Berlin+skyline.jpg

And DDR buildings had cohesive facades, balconies for everyone, and were designed to house the working class, not luxury housing. Honestly some DDR towers would be welcomed in Boston just to mitigate the insane inflation of housing prices.

Maybe someone can paint a mural on it...

What is this new cladding and why couldn't they have just used it for the whole tower? I mean, it isn't great or anything, but it's not nearly as craptastic as the rest of the building.

that little top awning or what have you makes the building look like a giant bottle opener or potato peeler.

What is this new cladding and why couldn't they have just used it for the whole tower? I mean, it isn't great or anything, but it's not nearly as craptastic as the rest of the building.

It's a glass-and-spandrel curtain wall. They are expensive, so unless the budget is enormous (ala Copley Place and Millennium Tower), they are used sparingly, typically on a feature corner.

^^Seriously...not sure I believe the claim of being able to withstand a 9.0 earthquake either.'

"Which apartment do you live in, Tommy?"

"Nineteenth window from the right."

I know it's been said before, but that alternating gray is horrible.

Mayor Menino, tear down this wall

Back