Tree House Residence Hall Tower @ MassArt | 578 Huntington Avenue | Fenway

Re: Mass Art Dormitory

cool! I thought so,I mostly see it from a distance and could'nt quite tell,but something always seem off lol!
060-9.jpg

I hope the slant is a little more pronounced when completed--maybe some lighting effect. At the moment it just looks a little wonky as opposed to a design choice. :)

Some amazing color in that photo, 02124. Very striking.

i was over at the MFA today and it sure didnt look like there was a slant from that angle.

IIRC, its slanted in the renderings.

25fj885.jpg

It's looking really cool as some of the interior infrastructure is going in. Love having this on campus to watch.

Last edited:

^ Is that (parking)lot staying the same? ...

I believe so. It's not MassArt's decision because they don't own it. Wentworth owns it. It's the only somewhat-safe lot on campus and is where the president and all the other faculty park.

isn't it incorporated into the master plan as a future expansion parcel though? maybe they'll put a garage in.

isn't it incorporated into the master plan as a future expansion parcel though? maybe they'll put a garage in.

Unfortunately, development on the West Lot is not part of the current IMP. It would be great if they could put an underground garage in. It was initially shown as green space on the original long-term (60yr) IMP.

dsc01114.jpg

Taken last month, during that brief nice period we had before it rained for three weeks.

nice^ hard to believe spring blooms r almost over!

6ib1js.jpg

From the Wentworth quad 2 minutes ago.

(Fencing on the left is in preparation for the Beatty addition.)

The curtain wall panels are starting to be brought on site. The units are massive, requiring an oversize load trailer bed.

Interesting. I was expecting a reflective finish but this, like the mockup, looks matte. It almost loos like faux-wood or even faux-leather. Could be very cool.

I really like the matte finish on it too. I worry though because at a small scale, yes, it looks like faux-leather, but at the full scale, it might look like a tower of brown LEGO. It has a plastic-y feel.

Right. Could be very cool or it could end up looking like shite. We shall see.

Back